This ~5 mile moderate hike will take us up to the observation deck and also to Cathedral Redwoods. Elevation gain is 750 ft. Trails range from tiny foot paths to wide fire roads. Mostly shaded, but some sun. The park has varied terrain and vegetation. Redwoods are what Henry Cowell is known for, but you’ll also see chaparral and ponderosa pines. The train whistle will add an extra dimension to the hike. The hike will take 2-3 hours.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
1) PARKING is $10. Would suggest carpooling to avoid paying the full price. But there is usually plenty of parking. You can also park outside of the park on Hwy 9 and walk in to the Visitor Center. But it’s a long walk (about .85 miles).
2) We will wait until 10:15 for those who have RSVPd. So please change your RSVP by early morning if you decide not to attend. Call me at 408/655-7499 if you are running late or lost.
3) Bring water/snacks if you wish
4) LUNCH: If anyone’s interested, we’ll go out to lunch afterward.
5) I will be posting this hike on at least 4 other lesbian Meetup groups.